Tuesday, April 18, 2006

First Post

Hi all. This is my first ever post to my first ever Blog. So exciting.

I am creating a web site called: www.GarlicPowder.biz. As of today, 4/18/06, the Site is maybe a month away from being published. On the web site I will be selling my homemade garlic powder made from my own organically raised Elephant Garlic. I make two types of garlic powder: regular and smoked. At this point I'm not sure whether to call it smoked or roasted. I'm also working on a smoked garlic based rub for pork butts. The research and trial & error in under way and it will be a rub for garlic lovers only. My wife and I love garlic and I have been raising it for about 8 years now. We regularly attend the Va Garlic Festival and plan to travel to other garlic festivals across the country.

I'm big time into BBQ and I have a large wood burning smoker. I like to smoke almost any kind of food so smoking the garlic was naturally going to happen sooner or later. As soon as I finished the first batch of powder that was smoked I knew I was onto something. The aroma was incredible. When my friends and family tried it their reaction was the same: you need to market this stuff! So that's kind've what lead me to create the web site and share my homemade garlic powder with you.

So, in the mean time until I get my site up & running, please use this blog space to share your favorite garlic recipes or stories about garlic. Also if you have any thoughts or ideas of things you would like to see on my web site - a site for garlic lovers - please share them too. I plan to sell garlic cookbooks, garlic presses, cutting boards, and everything garlic related that I can think of. Maybe you can help me here with other items I can feature on the site.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy my web Site when I finally get it published.

Mark

5 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Awesome, Mark! Can't wait to see/hear more and to check out the garlic stuff. I'll add a link to your blog w/ my next update. Good luck w/ the new ventures!

Matt

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Curt McAdams said...

GIVE ME GARLIC!!! I wanna see some garlic stuff... barbecue garlic, garlic barbecue, garlic, garlic garlic!

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Glad to see you're finally selling that outstanding smoked garlic. But now, I'm going to feel guilty accepting all the free samples you send me. Oh well, it's the price to pay when you knew someone when.

You got your first cross link my friend. Check out my blog at http://whitetrashbbq.blogspot.com for the news.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Mark--

just wanted to let you know that I added a link to your site from my blog. Let me know when I can order me some smokey garlic stuff!

The link is on this page (not the main page) http://badtzworld.blogspot.com

Great to see the Brethren taking off!

--Matt

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Mark - CMon dude - ya gotta blog more often!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home