Thursday, October 12, 2006

pics of the smoking process




As promised, here are a few pics from the smoking process yesterday.

This first one shows a pic of my whole setup. Note the wireless thermometer on top. Im kindve a BBQ junkie and Ive got all the toys.

The next pic shows my "New Braunfels Bandera" Smoker. Or Bandera for short. Here I have 4 racks of garlic above a sausage roll (Tennessee Pride - Sage) and a London Broil. I couldnt just smoke garlic when I could be cooking supper too.
*Note- we call smoked sausage logs "fatties" in BBQ lingo. They are delicious and non fattening!!

The last pic shows a close up of the garlic and one of my biggest garlic bulbs. Its about the size of a softball. The peeled cloves are in the bowl.

2 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Cool pictures. How long does the whole thing take?

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger osprey said...

Hi Mark,

Are you still in the organic elephant garlic powder business. I have been trying to locate some but have been unsuccessful finding a business website for your venture. Also, your smoked garlic sounds terrific. I hope you are still in the business. If you are, please add a blog with a current contact.

Thank you, Lucette

 

Post a Comment

<< Home